1. My mind is fugitive
2. …disembodied souls hanging in crystals…
3. Contrition in me is largely imperfect.
4. My thanksgiving is never in the form of self-sacrifice.
5. The love of God is the business of reason, not emotion.
6. The nearness of things only comes after death.
7. I don’t want to have invented my faith to satisfy my weakness.
8. Every virtue must be vigorous.
9. The only way to live right is to give up everything.
10. I don’t want to be doomed to mediocrity in my feeling for Christ.
11. I want to feel. I want to love.
12. Hell is our only hope. Without it we are a wasteland.
13. The majesty of my thoughts this evening!
14. The Protestant has to think. The Catholic to submit
15. No one can be an atheist who does not know all things.
16. Only God is an atheist.
17. The devil is the greatest believer and he has his reasons.
18. Today I have proved myself a glutton—for Scotch oatmeal cookies and erotic thought. There is nothing left to say of me.
(These could also work as potential chapter titles for my autobiography There Is Nothing Left To Say of Me by Sufjan Stevens.)
Waterwalker (by NFB)
from Becoming Human by Jean Vanier
well we’ve arrived!
it’s a joy to finally get to share this new music with you. big thanks to everyone who ordered the album - im moved by your support :)
for me, this album is about a lot of things: it’s about standing tall, and falling down, and picking yourself back up. it’s about doing that repeatedly even though it’s crazy annoying. it’s about the time(s) someone or something picked you up cuz you couldn’t do it anymore. it’s about slowly, painfully putting one foot in front of the other. then looking back after a while and seeing how far you’ve come. it’s about coming full circle. it’s about sitting still. it’s about home. it’s about trying even if you fail. it’s about the feeling you get when someone you love tells you they’re proud of you.
i feel like i learned a lot and grew a lot over the last couple years working on this album. im blessed to have a strong team, incredible friends, and supportive fans.
thanks for making my life better.
hope you enjoy!